|Endorsed by the Reform Party, Ron Brown Democratic Club, Isaiah Project,
AFRAM SEIU 250, AFRAM SEIU 535, AFRAM SEIU 616, AFRAM SEIU 790, AFRAM SEIU
1000, AFRAM SEIU 434-B, CAHEED, ASNA, OMI NEIGHBORS
Email us on:
Affordable HomeOwnership Alliance
HomeOwnership for Tenants
Poll Results are:
A representative, statistically significant sample of San Franciscans was polled recently by a market research company on housing and homeownership issues.
This is what they had to say:
1) The quality of life in San Francisco is getting worse.
2) San Francisco would be a better city if more residents were allowed to own their own homes.
3) The City of San Francisco should set up programs to assist residents to buy their own homes.
4) Homeownership is my principal personal goal (69%)
5) Homeownership is my second most important personal goal (20%).
6) City policies are designed to prevent tenants from becoming homeowners.
7) The cost of buying a home in the city is the worst problem in San Francisco today.
8) There is insufficient availability of ownership housing in San Francisco, and that results in high prices.
9) There is just not enough housing relative to all the people who want to live here – no wonder prices are so high.
10) Nine in ten feel home ownership is very desirable / advantageous.
11) The City should set up low interest loans to help tenants buy their apartments.
12) Property taxes should be used for special programs to help tenants subsidize homeownership -- and preference should be given to the elderly/disabled.
13) Zoning density should be re-evaluated to allow more homes to be built.
14) City housing policies have failed to help residents achieve homeownership.
Find out about the Affordable HomeOwnership Alliance, the Housing Ownership for Tenants (HOT) proposal, and how to achieve homeownership for yourself in SF at our website:
For any other information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org